Terms and Conditions
We want to make your removal as stress free as possible. In order to do so please familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions to remove any unnecessary confusion.
- For all removal services carried out in the York area, the minimum charge applied will be £50 if one person attends, or £65 if two people are requested. Beyond this, charges will be applied in one hour blocks on a pre-confirmed hourly rate.
- The basic cost of long distance services will be calculated based upon the time required to travel to the requested pickup point, and then on to the final destination.
- Quoted start times for jobs are simply an estimate and may be subject to change. Van Man York will not accept responsibility for delays to our service caused by matters beyond our control. This includes extreme weather events, traffic, terrorist events and other problems we have no control over.
- Full payment of any outstanding money is to be paid upon completion of the job, and in cash. Other payment methods are available, but should be discussed prior to the start of the job and arranged at least a week in advance.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any accidents, damage or lost property which occurs after the job has been completed and payment settled.
- Our Goods in Transit insurance covers items we are moving up to the value of £10,000.
- Customers who book the service of Van Man York have a responsibility to ensure there is somewhere adequate to park the van at both ends of the job. Should the van receive a parking ticket whilst working on your removals job, you will be responsible for settling the fine.
- Van Man York accepts no responsibility for damage caused to items as a result of poor or incorrect packing.
- Customers need to ensure all furniture is dismantled for transit prior to our arrival.
- If Van Man York are asked to dismantle an item of furniture, or find that dismantling is necessary, it is the customer’s responsibility to reassemble the furniture when it arrives at the destination, unless previously negotiated with Van Man York.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to keep all fixtures, fittings, bolts and screws for furniture in a safe and secure place. We accept no responsibility for lost fittings and fixtures.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to make sure all furniture will fit into the premises at the destination. Van Man York are not insured or prepared to remove doors, dismantle door frames or otherwise make new entrances to the building.
- Customers need to ensure all walls, carpets, woodwork etc. is adequately protected before we undertake the removal of items. Van Man York does not accept any responsibility for damage or marks made to areas which are not properly protected.
- Delays which are deemed to be the fault of the customer, for example not having all items packed, supplying the wrong address, waiting for collection of keys etc., may incur an extra charge to the final bill.
- Any customer who cancels a booking after confirmation has been made will incur a charge of 50% of the overall quoted amount. Cancellations received within 24 hours of the time the job is due to start will be charged in full.
- Van Man York reserves the right to change, amend or cancel bookings as necessary.
- Abuse, rudeness and violence towards any member of our staff will not be tolerated. Should a driver need to abort a job due to aggression or abuse, the customer will still be charged the full amount for the booking.
- Van Man York reserve the right to charge higher rates on Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays and any other unsociable hours.